The National Elections Commission (NEC), announces vacancy for the position of Assistant Magistrate to be assigned at the NEC local office in Greenville, Sinoe County.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will perform the following key duties and responsibilities among others:
- Forms part of the local electoral team in Sinoe County under the supervision of the senior Elections Magistrate of the county;
- Assists in the implementation of civic and voters education programs as directed by the Board of Commissioners through the Senior Elections Magistrate of the county;
- Ensures the conduct of local training of staff for all phases of the electoral process including voter registration, polling and counting etc.;
- Assists in the recruitment of temporary staff and ensures that recruitment procedures of the Commission are followed;
- Identifies and work with effective local individuals and organizations in disseminating voter education messages;
- Provides regular support to the training and voter education activities being conducted by the NEC temporary staff and other stakeholders and
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the NEC through the County Magistrate.
- The applicant must possess a University degree in the social sciences or related areas;
- Previous experience in conducting training on electoral processes will be an added advantage;;
- He / she should have excellent leadership skills to manage large groups of trainees;
- Must be fluent in the English Language with written communication skills;
- Must have the ability to work harmoniously with people of different cultural backgrounds and willing to work for long hours under pressure and
- Must be Computer literate capable of working independently in MS word and Excel.
Interested applicants are advised to submit their letters of application with supporting documents and curriculum vitae to the below address:
The Human Resource Director
National Elections Commission
9th & 10th Streets, Monrovia, Liberia
Female candidates are encouraged to apply and applicants from the counties where the vacancy exists will be given preference. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
The deadline for the submission of applications is Friday, June 24, 2016.
- Important Info
- Elections Calendar
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF FINAL REFERENDUM RESULTS
- Days ago!