The National Elections Commission, (NEC) has vacancy for the position of WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT. Successful applicant will be assigned at the Commission’s Headquarters in Monrovia, Montserrado County.
- Applicant must be able to work with others as team player, as well as being able to work alone and under strenuous condition.
- He/she must be able to work with courtesy and professionalism at the Commission’s Central Warehouse on 9th and 10th Streets in Monrovia.
- Applicant must be willing to travel across the country when required, to accompany electoral materials.
Terms of Reference
Under the supervision of the Director of Logistics and Warehouse, the Warehouse Assistant shall perform the following duties.
- Develop systems and quality controls for the packaging of all electoral kits;
- Liaise with Logistics Officer to ensure the warehouse is well maintained, cleaned and secured at all times;
- Assist in the supervision of the warehouse staff (causals) and ensure all tasks are carryout in a professional manner;
- Assist in maintaining accurate and up to date records of all materials entering and leaving the warehouse via the use of data base or similar asset tracking mechanism;
- Ensure that only authorized person (s) is permitted to enter the warehouse.
Qualification and Experience
- Must have relevant degree or Diploma in Management;
- Minimum three (3) years of working experience in warehousing;
- Ability to work harmoniously with people of different cultural backgrounds
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving;
- Ability to work extra time after normal working hours;
- Ability to work well under pressure and flexibility and willingness to live and work in hazardous condition involving physical hardship and little comfort;
- Availability outside of working hours to resolve emergency issues promptly.
Deadline for submission of all applications is June 19, 2021.