Job Position: Data Base Development Consultant
Institution: National Elections Commission
Opening date: Aug 18th 2022
Closing date: Monday,August 22nd 2022
Post Specialization: Programs
Post Title: Data Base Development Consultant
Post Supervisor: Gender / Data Center Directors
Contract Duration: 20 Days
The National Elections Commission seeks a Gender Consultant to develop a data base to track the participation of individuals as temporary and permanent elections workers, candidates, elected officials, party agents, elections observers etc. The duration of this project is twenty (20) working days including one day of training of relevant staff.
Successful applicant will be assigned at NEC HQ, and must be able to work within the time frame.
Terms of Reference
- Provide training for Gender section staff and other gender focal persons to enable them to input data in the system and generate reports;
- Develop data base to capture sex disaggregated information during election activities;
- Develop a software that will enhance and track a comprehensive record of all temporary and permanent election workers, candidates, elected officials, party agents, elections observers, etc. ;
- Develop data tools during any election period that will improve easy generation of reports;
- Develop data base to capture sex disaggregated data of temporary and permanent election workers, candidates, elected officials, party agents, elections observers, and develop data tools;
- Produce a software package that will be user friendly, flexible, comprehensive, highly secured, and cost effective;
- Develop a software that will be able to provide clear report of staff, participants, and percentage of female actors during any election period;
- Provide accurate and reliable data on women participation to stakeholders in a timely manner;
- Track political party’s adherence to the 30% gender quota.
- Proven analytical skills and qualitative focus and strong knowledge and understanding of qualitative research and data;
- Good analytical, drafting and report-writing skills;
- Cultural and political awareness and sensitivity;
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish relationships for generating and coordinating field research;
- Ability to perform a broad range of specialized activities aimed at effective and efficient implementation and management of a qualitative research and data collection specifically;
- Excellent in human relations, coordination and planning;
- Sound expertise in gender equality and women’s empowerment, including on women’s political participation
- Communications or knowledge management experience will be an advantage;
- Academic and practical research experience
- Outstanding networking, team-building, organizational and communication skills;
- Capacity to work with diverse partners including governments, donors and civil society;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with people from varied cultural and professional backgrounds;
- Must be able to work with others as team player, as well as being able to work alone and under strenuous conditions with courtesy and professionalism;
- He/she must be willing to travel across the country when required;
- Results based management skills;
- Ability to produce well written documents demonstrating excellent interpersonal communication.
Advanced university degree in Gender Studies, Political Science, Sociology, Anthropology, International Relations, or relevant field and/or equivalent practical experience;
Advanced Degree/ Diploma in Information Technology is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in the field of gender equality and data base development;
- Substantive experience in women’s leadership and participation in politics;
- Research experience is an asset;
- Experience in working in multicultural environment;
- Sound knowledge of international standards on human rights, women’s rights and related instruments;
- Experience in working with political parties or in a political environment with international processes including those related to women’s empowerment, gender mainstreaming and gender equality is an asset.
Applications and Resume can be submitted online at (email@example.com) or in hard copies at the NEC Human Resource Office.