Geo- Spatial Developer
Job Specialization: Geo-Information Services
Job Position: Geo- Spatial Developer
Institution: National Elections Commission
Duty Station: Monrovia
Duration: 14 days
Supervisor: Geo-Information Services Director
Opening date: September 21, 2022
Closing date: September 23, 2022
The National Elections Commission (NEC) has a vacancy for the position of Geo- Spatial Developer. Interested individuals are to submit their applications to the Human Resource Section.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop computer programme to load the Geo-Spatial questionnaires on mobile devices for data collection;
- Provide specification suitable for mobile device (smart phone, tablet) to meet the data management needs of the NEC;
- Configure 50 Tablets to capture GIS Data;
- Conduct training for GIS Technicians on the retrieval of data from mobile devices;
- Design data management platform or dashboard and install interface on an NEC computer for monitoring incoming files uploaded by data collectors;
- Provide on-the-job training for Geo-Spatial Technicians to oversee dashboard monitoring, data downloading and analysis of data collected;
- Support the Geo-Spatial Technicians in data cleaning, analysis, and writing of performance reports.
Minimum Qualification and Experience required:
- Be a Liberian with a Bachelor degree, preferably in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or related field;
- Advanced knowledge of geographic information systems (GIS) and working with ArcGIS® software;
- More than 5 years of Advanced experience using ARC GIS
- Possess at least 5 years of experience working in computer programming, preferably in management of PDAs;
- High computer proficiency including experience in other statistical and data analysis software such as STATA, SPSS, etc.;
- Possess at least 5 years’ experience designing and delivering training programs based on adult learning methodologies.
Candidates are invited to submit applications to: email@example.com
Alternatively, applications can be addressed to:
The Director of Human Resources
National Elections Commission
Tubman Boulevard, 9th & 10th Streets, Sinkor-P. O Box 2044
Applications should include the following: Curriculum Vitae in English, Cover letter in English, Contact information of two (2) professional references.