The National Election Commission has a vacancy for the position of Logistics Assistant.
Under the supervision of the Director of Logistics, the Logistics Assistant provides a broad range of assistance and performs tasks in support of the efficient supply and delivery of materials for the electoral process. The Logistics Assistants will work with other staff in the Logistics Section in ensuring the delivery of timely and efficient output that complies with NEC rules and regulations, while demonstrating the capacity to learn and adapt to elections logistics operations.
Term of reference for Logistics Assistant
- Assist the management of the Monrovia Warehouse and ensure that the warehouse is well maintained and secured at all times;
- Ensure that only authorized persons admitted to enter the warehouse;
- Assist in maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of all materials entering and leaving the warehouse via the use of Database or similar asset tracking mechanism;
- Assist in the supervision of the warehouse staff (daily workers/causal helpers) and ensure all tasks are carried out in a professional manner;
- Liaise with the Logistics Officer to ensure the warehouse is well maintained, cleaned and secured at all times and that the required staff are recruited as scheduled;
- Liaise with the Movement Officer to ensure that all materials are prepared in time for onward movement;
- Develop systems and quality controls for the packaging of all electoral kits;
- Carryout any other electoral tasks as may be required by the Commission through the Director of Logistics and the Warehouse Manager.
Requirements for Logistics Assistant
- Basic training in Supply, Procurement and
- /or Logistics. Bachelor degree will be an advantage with courses/certifications in business administration, supply chain management, procurement or logistics considered as an added advantage.
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible administrative and/or supply-related work experience (procurement, supply or logistics) is required. Familiarity with NEC, UN supply procedures and systems is an asset.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Director of Human Resource
National Elections Commission
Tubman Boulevard, 9th & 10th Streets
Qualified female are highly encouraged to apply.
Deadline for application is August 10, 2020
NOTE: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.