Announcement for Application for Software Developer
Software Developer Job Description
The National Elections Commission is in urgent need of a versatile Software Developer with a proven record of highest data integrity, to assist the Data Center Director. The successful candidate will assist in managing the Commission’s Data Systems. This position reports to the Director of the Data Center.
The Software Developer’s responsibilities shall include: building scalable data driven applications, software, and will also resolve network related issues, as well as ensure that all computing operations within the Commission are maintained with optimum industry standards, procedures and performance.
The Software Developer must have an excellent ability to solve problems using in-depth understanding of Microsoft. NET Framework (C# programming Language and Microsoft SQL Server). He or she must demonstrate adequate knowledge of Software Development Life-Cycle.
The Software Developer will be assigned in the Data Center of the Commission, and must be willing to work with others, as a team player, as well as being able to work alone and under strenuous conditions, with courtesy and professionalism at the NEC Headquarters. He or she must be willing to travel across the country when required.
Software Developer’s Responsibilities:
- Assist in the Management of the Data Center;
- Develop Data-driven solutions for the Commission;
- Assist in managing all election-related data for the Commission;
- Coordinate Data Management efforts during Candidate Nomination periods;
- Assist in managing Data Center servers and solutions for the Commission;
- Process election results and generate reports using CRYSTAL Reporting Tools for all electoral processes;
- Perform all other duties as will be required.
Required Skill Sets:
- Must have relevant Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Microsoft Certifications (MCPD/MCSE) with good working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio required.
- Minimum of Three (3) years of experience in Software Development on the NET Framework 4.0 and above.
- Advanced knowledge of C# Programming Language and Software Development Life-Cycle.
- Demonstrated experience in using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2-2016, with Data Definition Language (DDL) and Data Manipulation Language (DML) will be highly expected.
- Experience in Reports Development using SAP Crystal Report for Developers.
- Ability to prioritize a wide range of workloads with critical deadlines.
- Availability outside of working hours to resolve emergency issues promptly.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Patient and Professional demeanor, with a can-do attitude.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Director of Human Resource
National Elections Commission
Tubman Boulevard, 9th & 10th Streets
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS MONDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2020