The National Elections Commission has a vacancy for the position of a Monitoring & Evaluation Data Analyst.
This position is a non-management position responsible for ensuring optimum service delivery to internal customers by efficiently and effectively managing the M&E Section. These include:
- Developing data collection tools;
- Coordinating data collection activities;
- Analyzing M&E data and producing data summaries such as tables and charts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Monitoring & Evaluation Director, the Monitoring & Evaluation Data Analyst shall be responsible for the following duties:
Key Result Areas (KRAs)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead the development of data collection tools for program monitoring;
· Assist in the development of M&E framework and performance management plan (PMP);
· Support organization and implementation of capacity building plan for focal persons;
· Coordinate data collection activities with focal persons to plan for data collection;
· Maintain an active line of communication between focal persons and the M&E section.
· Coordinate focal persons in the collection of field data;
· Participate in field data collection;
· Ensure M&E data are regularly collected from focal persons in line with agreed data collection schedule.
· Develop a framework for the analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data;
· Design M&E data shell and entry screens that meet the data needs of the NEC;
· Undertake timely entry of M&E data;
· Supervise data entry clerks as the need may be determined;
· Regularly update and maintain the M&E database;
· Analyze and present all M&E data collected to assist in tracking the progress and performance of activities or projects.
- Prepare and submit summary findings based on data analysis undertaken;
- Submit periodic updates on the quality of work of focal persons.
Work Experience Required:
At least 3 years’ professional experience in private or public sectors with recognized M&E and Data Analysis results in previous positions of similar fields. Experience of M&E in development programs would be an advantage.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics or a similar position relevant degree;
- Additional degree or related technical qualifications would be an advantage, e.g. Project Management, M&E, Statistical Analysis;
- Writes clearly and informatively - checks work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively;
- Is able to interpret written information appropriately;
- Excellent written and spoken English as well as local language(s);
- IT Literacy: able to use Statistical Data Analysis software, as well as Microsoft Office at an intermediate level.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Director of Human Resource
National Elections Commission
Tubman Boulevard, 9th & 10th Streets, Sinkor-P. O Box 2044
Deadline for applications is Monday: October 12, 2020 at 4:00 pm