The National Elections Commission, (NEC), has vacancy for the position of ASSISTANT ELECTIONS MAGISTRATE at its Magisterial Office in Kakata, Margibi County. Successful applicant will be assigned in Margibi County.
- Applicant must be able to work with others as team player.
- Applicant must be able to work alone and under strenuous condition.
- Applicant must work with courtesy and professionalism at the NEC headquarters in Margibi.
- Be willing to travel across the county when required.
Terms of Reference:
Under the supervision of the senior Elections Magistrate, the Assistant Magistrate shall perform the following duties:
- Shall implement civic and voter’s education program as directed by the Board of Commissioners through the Magistrate;
- Insure the compilation with procedures, and monitor progress of implementation and effective dissemination of voter education materials;
- Identify effective local personalities and organizations in disseminating voter education messages;
- Assist in the recruitment of temporary staff and ensure that recruitment procedures are followed;
- Provide regular support to the training and voter education activities being conducted by NEC temporary staff;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the NEC County Magistrate.
Qualification and Experience
- University degree in Social Sciences or equivalent;
- At least three years’ experience in electoral work;
- Previous experience in planning and implementing cascade training programs;
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to manage large team of trainers;
- Fluency in English and excellent oral written and communication skills;
- Ability to work harmoniously with people of different cultural backgrounds;
- Previous experience in conducting trainings on electoral processes;
Ability to work well under pressure and flexibility and willingness to live and work in hazardous condition involving physical hardship and little comfort.
Deadline for submission of all applications is June 19, 2021.